Keystone Open and Westy Hogan Target Requirements
A minimum of 1,000 16 yard, 1,000 Handicap and 500 Doubles targets during the previous target year and the current target year. No minimum during this target year if the above minimum is met in the previous year.
Colonial Classic, State Shoot and PA Grand
16 Yards and Handicap :
A minimum of 1,500 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years of which 500 must have been shot after September 1, 2017 to avoid penalty class.
A minimum of 1,000 registered targets during the current target year and the two previous years of which 300 must have been shot after September 1, 2017 to avoid penalty class.
In the event the above target requirements are not met before the first day of the Keystone Open, PA Grand, Colonial Classic, Preliminary Days of the PA State Shoot, Wednesday of the State Shoot or the Westy Hogan, shooters shall be required to shoot in, not less than, Class A for 16 Yards and Doubles.
In Handicap, a shooter with insufficient targets will be penalized two yards beyond his ATA yardage with a minimum of 23 yards.
- Ladies and Sub-Juniors who do not meet the Handicap target requirements will follow the same rules except with a minimum of 22 yards.
- Senior Veterans will not be penalized for handicap events and they are eligible for trophies and money.
- Any category eligible shooter who elects not to declare for category will be held to the required target minimums and a minimum penalty yardage of 23 yards.
PENALTY YARDAGE MAY BE WAIVED BY ANY SHOOTER SO ELECTING; HOWEVER, SUCH WAIVER SHALL PROHIBIT THEM FROM WINNING ANY TROPHIES AND/OR MONEY (including Added Money), AND PROHIBIT THEIR PARTICIPATION IN SPECIAL OPTIONS OR PROMOTIONS (i.e., “Grand Giveaway” and “Kreighoff”).
THIS DECLARATION MUST BE MADE AT THE TIME OF INITIAL CLASSIFICATION AND IS IRREVOCABLE FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOOT (SHOOTERS WHO SHOOT DURING PRELIMINARY DAYS AND MEET TARGET REQUIREMENTS IN THE TIMELINE STATED MY RE-CLASSIFY.
To qualify for the State Team a shooter must meet the following requirements.
- Shoot State shoot Championship targets – all 400
- The qty of registered targets needed for each team (no league targets)
- Shooter must declare their category at the state shoot if they want to be considered for that category…otherwise they are put in the men’s category.