For the Keystone Open and Westy Hogans:
1000 Targets during the current and previous Target Year
500 Targets during the current and previous Target Year
For the Colonial Classic, PA State Shoot, PA Grand and PSSA Summer Championships:
1,500 targets during the current and previous 2 Target Years
1,000 targets during the current and previous 2 Target Years
In the event the above target requirements are not met before the first day of the Keystone Open, PA Grand, Colonial Classic, Preliminary Days of the PA State Shoot, Wednesday of the State Shoot, PSSA Summer Championships or the Westy Hogans, shooters shall be required to shoot in, not less than, Class A for 16 Yards and Doubles.
In Handicap, a shooter with insufficient targets will be penalized two yards beyond his ATA yardage with a minimum of 23 and not exceed 25 Yards, or current Yardage, whichever is greater.
- Ladies and Sub-Juniors who do not meet the Handicap target requirements will follow the same rules except with a minimum of 22 yards.
- Shooters who have reached their 70th Birthday will not be penalized for handicap events and are still eligible for trophies and money.
PENALTY YARDAGE MAY BE WAIVED BY ANY SHOOTER SO ELECTING; HOWEVER, SUCH WAIVER SHALL PROHIBIT THEM FROM WINNING ANY TROPHIES AND/OR MONEY (including Added Money) AND PROHIBIT THEIR PARTICIPATION IN SPECIAL OPTIONS, PROMOTIONS OR THE KRIEGHOFF CHALLENGE.
THIS DECLARATION MUST BE MADE AT THE TIME OF INITIAL CLASSIFICATION AND IS IRREVOCABLE FOR THE DURATION OF THE SHOOT (SHOOTERS WHO SHOOT DURING PRELIMINARY DAYS AND MEET TARGET REQUIREMENTS IN THE TIMELINE STATED MAY RE-CLASSIFY.)
To qualify for the State Team a shooter must meet the following requirements.
- Shoot State shoot Championship targets – all 400
- The qty of registered targets needed for each team (no league targets)
- Shooter must declare their category at the state shoot if they want to be considered for that category…otherwise they are put in the men’s category.